This interactive small group study is designed to help you and your child build a lasting, loving connection. You will be encouraged and equipped with practical help based on Biblical truths and research-based interventions specifically developed for adoptive or foster care familes.
In 13 small group lessons, Dr. Karyn Purvis, author of The Connected Child, and Elizabeth Styffe, share how to successfully:
- Provide for your child holistically: body, soul and spirit
- Understand what causes difficult behavior and how to respond to it
- Replace your child's maladaptive survival skills
- Identify and disarm your child's fear responses
- Teach your child new life values
- Navigate your personal challenges as a parent
All families at times face struggles and difficulties, but for families who adopt or foster children who have come from the "hard places", those struggles and difficulties are often greatly increased in intensity and complexity. This study is designed to help you change the way you relate to your child and bring healing to his or her heart.
Bonus Features DVD includes:
Video taped responses by Karyn Purvis to nine frequently asked questions and topics including:
- What can I expect when my childrencome home?
- What should I expect to do when my child comes home?
- What should I do if I am bringing a young baby home?
- Why does my child not cry or respond to pain?
- With a child already in the family, what should I do when a new child comes home?
- Single parents who adopt.
- What is the most fundamental need of a child?
- Major pitfalls to avoid when your child comes home.
- When to seek professional intervention and help.
In addition to seven extra videos:
- 6 Risk Factors for Challenges in Attachment
- Journaling and Charting Difficult Behaviors
- Comfort from the Lord
- Helping Children Remember the Good Things
- Meeting Our Child's Needs with God's Help
- Charting my child's behavior and what is causing it.
- Dopamine and Our Child's behavior.